SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY STEVENSON HALL TASK FORCE
Meeting Minutes No. 25
June 23, 2020 11a.m. to 12 p.m.
Christopher Dinno (CD) - Chair, Elias Lopez (EL), Mike Ogg (MO) ), Maureen Buckley (MB), Julie Wood (JW), Aidan Humrich (AH), Laura Watt (LW), Jeffery Reeder (JR), Michelle Goman (MG), Laure Ogg (LO), Laura Monje-Paulson (LMP), Jonathan Smith (JS), Alisandra Brewer (AB), Natalie Williams-Munger (NWM), Rick Verrier (RV), Sandra Ayala (SA), Vincent Orton (VO), Lisa Revere (LR), Amanda McGowan (AM), Justin Lipp (JL), Stephanie Thibault (ST), Joseph Lofton (JL), Lauren Hart (LH), Kristi Marian (KM), Carla Stone (CS).
Gregory Sawyer (GS), Kain Jaffe (KJ), Rheyna Laney (RL), Dana Twedell (DT), Dr. Laura Williams (LM), Sandra Ayala (SA).
I. Agenda No. 25 (Attached)
II. Administrative Items:
25.01 Christopher Dinno - Christopher provided brief recap of Meeting Minutes No 24. No new action items to review.
25.02 Christopher Dinno –
- Christopher provided a recap regarding the General Purpose Classroom Focus Groups. Debora Paterniti to provide Summary Report – FINALIZING with Elias Lopez the week of June 29th.
- Christopher mentioned Truebeck and EHDD have completed the 95% Construction Documents Phase and have submitted to the Chancellor's Office and multiple approval agencies for review and approval. Reviews and permits expected to be issued late summer 2020 or Bid and Construction.
- Christopher updated the Task Force Group on surge move plans and updated schedule. (Reference the campus Website: https://covid19.sonoma.edu/health-wellness for campus COVID-19 Safety protocols while on campus that are to be followed):
- Phased (by department) moving plan proposed for faculty and staff in coordination with the EOC and NCS Moving Service, June 2020 through September 2020. Packing boxes for remote instruction and work, moving home or eventually to Schulz. Updated move communication to be released this the week of June 29th.
- Cargo containers (five) to be delivered to campus July 1, 2020 for long term storage items only. 2
- MO – Mentioned we are still working out logistics of moving work desktop computers to home offices – IT/Operations should have a plan soon. Laptop computers are being considered for faculty use in lieu of desktop computers - Pending.
- NCS Moving Services to assist faculty and staff in moving their personal furniture to the West loading dock area as scheduled, for waiting faculty or staff personal vehicles. (June 2020 through September 2020).
- Sign-up sheet released to AM's for distribution to faculty and staff (June, July and August 2020).
- Any remaining existing office furniture and other will be moved out of Stevenson Hall starting in September through October 2020 and will go to recycle off campus.
- Existing classroom and computer lab furniture to be moved out of Stevenson Hall starting in June through July 2020.
- Existing A/V to be removed from Stevenson Hall for repurpose elsewhere on campus starting in June through July 2020.
- Facilities Operations to begin removal of all items to be salvaged (hardware, doors, other) no later than September through October 2020.
- Art Department to begin removal of campus art from Stevenson Hall beginning in June to no later than August 2020. Carla Stone mentioned that she has been in touch with departments and will begin coordinating this effort.
- TrueBeck to begin early work indicator test piles, (five) 100 feet deep starting in late June through early August 2020. Onsite pre-con meeting June 26th, to begin sometime next week. o Existing Landscape to be removed by Facilities Operations in coordination with SST (North and South sides of the building). Allan Goff and Biology Department are working in coordination on this item.
25.03 Christopher Dinno – Project Planning Update:
- Stevenson Hall Renovation Project Website (A&F). http://web.sonoma.edu/afd/
- On Campus Permanent and Surge Space Planning efforts updated:
- Reference Schedule Agenda Item No. 25.04 below;
25.04 Key Milestone Dates (build-out and Moves) for the Project, are but not limited to:
- Salazar: Center for Teaching and Educational Technology, Enrollment Services (Office of the Registrar, Office of Admissions), Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Center for Community Engagement and Visitors Center–Academic Affairs, 1st Floor, PROJECT COMPLETE;
- Salazar, Cooperage, Zinfandel, Schulz –Classroom Technology Upgrades, PROJECT COMPLETE;
- Salazar – Studio Blue, Primitivo and The STAR, 1st Floor, PROJECT COMPLETE;
- Salazar – Office of the President, Strategic Communications and Advancement, 2nd Floor, expected completion and move in, mid August 2020.
- Salazar – Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs, 2nd Floor move to A&F suite temporary move, August 2020; MO – There is a meeting set to review the timeline or the moves to Salazar Hall, Pending.
- TrueBeck contractor mobilization scheduled for late October 2020, when construction trailers, pedestrian controls and security fencing are scheduled to move on-site. Stevenson will be completely off line by late October 2020.
- Phase –II: Construction (Demolition), tentatively November 2020; 3
- Phase –II: Construction Complete/Move-in, tentatively Summer 2022;
- Stevenson Hall, Grand Opening Dedication tentatively Fall 2022.
25.05 New Business and/or Action items:
- Design Updates – Design guidelines post COVID-19, we are all operating, including the architectural team in a current pandemic environment, and attempting to stay as current with the latest information available. The new design for the Stevenson Hall project, including the furniture layouts are in line with much of what is being recommended for architectural design post-COVID-19. Our general design approach has been consistent all along with what is being recommended currently.
- LW requested an update that should be communicated to faculty and staff on availability of additional boxes and the loading dock moves. RV mentioned boxes and labels are being provided and restocked regularly by NCS. Loading dock moves will be coordinated onsite with NCS, at designated times, NCS will meet individuals at their offices to move items to vehicles as scheduled.